Summer Vacation is the most awaited days in a student’s life. After the usual grind of Homework, Assessments, Projects, this is the time which all students, Parents even Teachers eagerly look forward to.This is the time when the alarm clock gets some rest. There is no hurry and lethargism is pardoned. Time just flies in those golden period and before long ,it is time to again pack the bags and lunches for school. So , let me jot down few of the things you could do this summer, which will not only help you spend your time but also adds value to it.
- Learn a new language: I can see you squinting at this idea. But it definitely is a worthwhile choice. You might be thinking “ I just finished learning all the stuffs under the sun, why would I go for learning a new language in holidays?”. But I have an answer to this question. What you had learnt all these while is with the main focus on exams, so , there was no freedom in learning. But in case of new language, you can learn at your own pace. There is no hard and fast rule that you have to pass a certain level within a particular period. There is no compulsion of giving an exam either, You can just learn a new language for the pure joy of just learning. At the end, what is your gain? When you are at a stage of creating your resume, then, a CV with many languages are known looks more glossy and you earn that much need edge over others.
- Painting or Drawing – Each individual has a little painter hidden in him/her. You might say, I cannot draw or paint. But just make a start. Take a sheet out and start with a basic drawing and give some vibrant colours to it. Develop the drawing by giving a contrast background colour. In no time, you would see yourself that you are enjoying creating colourful art pieces.
- Visit a museum and Zoo – There is no better learning than actually seeing and feeling an object. For smaller kids, this is a wonderful opportunity to learn.
- Cycling – This is both an exercise and stress reliever. Go for cycling with your friends for long hours and you would really cherish those rides. And yes, do not forget to carry two big bottles of water and some light snacks as it requires a lot of energy.
- Swimming – This is one sport, which is best done during summer. Kids of all ages enjoy being in water. You may enroll yourself to the swimming classes near your home. You may also opt for aqua exercise class to keep yourself fit.
- Gardening- Even if you do not have much outdoor space at home, you may start with tiny potted garden in your balcony or terrace. Start with plants that require low maintenance and low yielding period. A small kitchen garden with simple veggies needed for day to day cooking is a great idea. Imagine your mother’s joy when you gift her with chilies or tomatoes from your garden.
- Play board games- When sun is shining hard, it is better to stay indoors during noon. You could invite few friends home and play board games.
- Visit an Amusement Park – This is one place where you can have maximum fun, if you go as a gang. Plan with your friends and visit an amusement park. A must go in summer.
- Read a book – Pick a book of your choice and read the same in your holidays.
- Learn a skill – There are various skills that you could master in the summer vacation. Starting from baking a cake or cookie to learning to sew. You may also take up pot painting, Mural painting or learn a musical instrument.
Whatever you do or learn it boils do to only one thing “Enjoy all the time you have not worrying about studying or homework”.